This has been quite an eventful spring and here are some of the notes I've made.
April 11, 2012
Room For Rent
This really is one of the nicest streets to live in Lisbon. The Alfama Pingo Doce is 1 minute from the door (I checked) so you have fresh fish and bread always available. Chapito, Verde Perto, and the Amazing Chao do Loureiro Miradouro with my favorite view of Lisbon are 1 minute on the other direction. The rooms get plenty of light. There's a restaurante Eurico with grilled fish and meats downstairs in the same building so if you're tired of cooking there's a delicious meal waiting for you. I'm friendy and open-minded and have traveled quite a bit so you'll find a good experience here. There's an ATM next door, a Santomean, a Caboverdean, and Italian, a Portuguese restaurant. And at the same time you're 7 minutes from the Rossio metro and 12 from Baixa/Chiado.
March 23, 2012
1st Week With The iPad
I was the first person in Portugal to buy the iPad.
- I shot a horror movie in combination with the iPhone 4s -- and helped my friend with her coursework.
- I Tweeted / Facebook / Emailed / Took notes
- I instragrammed and shot HD video
- I Ustreamed a live conference: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/21425563
- I watched a full movie
- I read a book on Kindle
- I understood that the Retina display is higher resolution than almost all of the content out there now. Check these examples.
- I played with interactive books like Our Choice by Al Gore and the Alice interactive book. I briefly skimmed the options for Kerouck's book and the other one. But having spend 100€ on apps for the week I decided they were not worth it.
- I played 3 games. 2 action and one rally. But uninstalled them as I ran out of space.
- I copied many files to the iPad through DropBox, GoodReader and SugarSync.
- I shared my display with AirDisplay.
- I pitched Tomé to an investor.
- I pitched the idea of educational biology apps on the iPad to a US scientist.
- I cooked a meal based on an iPad recipe. And the FaceTime'd my mom to show it off. She showed me my Sao Tomé plants growing to higher heights with spring coming to Estonia.
May 6, 2012
What Are Some Ways To Make City Exciting?
This is really spooky right? A lost iPhone was found near Praça de Comercio. The phone contained strange footage and showed a German girl reported missing. In the video she says she's here to play a game. Commenters coin the hashtag #PlayLisbon. This is our 48hour launch campaign for the iPhone game.
Release 1st video. One guy who LX to play a game and disappear. Crazy trackback video comments. What's #LisbonGame? Some guy releases iPhone App.
Track with Analytics. Google+
We ended up winning and going to visint Google and Facebook in Dublin.∎ Back to Index